One of the most widely asked questions we get here is what to do with pulp after juicing. There are various ways to use the pulp after juicing, but one of our favorites is to make an omelette filled with veggie pulp. Served with fresh juice, it is the perfect boost to get you started in your mornings.
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 3 eggs
- 4 small to medium-sized carrots
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to season
- Slice tomatoes and carrots into smaller pieces
- Juice tomatoes and carrots. Use the fine strainer for a pulp-free juice, or the coarse strainer for a smoothie texture.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with salt and pepper until blended.
- Coat pan with butter and pour in the egg mixture.
- Gently push cooked portions from edges towards the center with an inverted turner so that uncooked eggs can reach the hot pan surface. Continue cooking, tilting pan and gently moving cooked portions as needed.
- When top surface of eggs is thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, add pulp filling on side of the omelette. Fold omelette in half with turner. With a quick flip of the wrist, turn pan and serve on plate.
- Enjoy your fresh-squeezed juice and omelette. Cheers to zero food waste!
Want to get more juice pulp cooking recipes like this? Check out our cooking recipes made with Sur La Table here.