Think twice before you throw away the pulp from juicing. Did you know that you can reuse the pulp as a filling for vegetable dumplings? Channel your inner foodie and surprise your guests with this easy and healthy recipe.
- 1 and 1/2 cups cabbage
- 1 and 1/2 cups carrot
- 1/2 cup celery
- A thumb of ginger
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup of shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup of scallions or onion chives, chopped
- Pre-made dumpling wrappers
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- Add all the in-the-juicer ingredients to a Hurom Slow Juicer. Using a fine strainer, juice all ingredients. Save pulp.
- In a large bowl, mix the pulp from Step 1 with chopped onions, scallions (or onion chives), and shiitake mushrooms. Add 1 or 2 teaspoons of sesame oil and soy sauce to the bowl. Season to taste.
- On a flat surface, lay out dumpling wrappers and place a spoonful of filling from Step 2 at the center of each wrapper.
- Assemble dumplings by folding and pleating them. Refer to the above photo and pick your favorite shape.
- Serve steamed or fried. Enjoy!
And don't forget ― sign up to our email list to receive exclusive deals and recipes.