We're all about figs during autumn (Check out our autumn juicing recipes) 🍂 Try juicing figs with your Hurom juicer for the health benefits of essential minerals like potassium and vitamin K. When juicing, figs should be paired with ingredients with high water contents like tomato, apple, or pear for the best results. You can also mix fig juice and pulp to make fig jam!Ingredients:
- 2 pounds of green or purple figs, stemmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Half a lemon
- 1 or 1 1/2 cups sugar (not much is needed since figs are already sweet, so we recommend 2:1 ratio)
- Juice figs using Hurom fine strainer. Save the pulp!
- Add the fig juice and pulp to a saucepan. Boil on low heat.
- Add sugar to the saucepan.
- Juice half a lemon (TIP: if you have a HZ Slow Juicer, you can use the squeezer accessory). Add lemon juice to the saucepan.
- Boil & stir for approx. 20 minutes on low heat.
- A quick way to see if you're done -- drop a little bit of jam into a bowl of water and if it doesn't dissolve immediately, you got the right jelly texture.
- Save jam in sterilized canning jars so that it'll last longer. Store jam in refrigerator for up to 3 months.
Enjoy your homemade fig spread on just about anything ❤️
P.S. Spiked fig juice is also delicious and appropriate for any elevated autumn gathering 😉
Save on Your Purchase and Get Recipe Ideas
Not in the market to buy a slow juicer right now? No worries. Sign up for our email list and be on the lookout for discounts and special sales of our juicers. Plus, we’ll send you special recipe ideas and other goodies like a guides to healthy eating and tips on how you can get the most out of a Hurom juicer.