With the crisp fall weather, iced beverages turned hot, and we’re serving our soups hot as well. We’re cooking up tomato soup in our kitchen with tomato juice *and* pulp using Hurom. Perfect for lunch or dinner, or of course, anytime with grilled cheese.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 2.5 cups of chicken stock (or veggie stock)
- 10 to 12 whole tomatoes
- 1.5 cups of carrot
- 1 cup of onion
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves
- A bit of butter
- Dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to season
- Slice tomatoes, carrots, and onions into smaller pieces so it fits the hopper of the juicer.
- Juice tomatoes, carrots, onions, and garlic. Use the fine strainer for a silkier texture, or the coarse strainer for a chunkier texture.
- Coat pan with butter and simmer pulp that came out from step 2. Stir in low heat.
- Add stock and juice and bring to a boil. Once it begins to boil, bring heat to low. Add whipping cream as optional. Let simmer for 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Garnish with dried thyme. Serve while hot. Enjoy!
Save on Your Purchase and Get Recipe Ideas
Not in the market to buy a slow juicer right now? No worries. Sign up for our email list and be on the lookout for discounts and special sales of our juicers. Plus, we’ll send you special recipe ideas and other goodies like a guides to healthy eating and tips on how you can get the most out of a Hurom juicer.