What You'll Need
2 medium tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
1 red bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
1 large carrot (peeled and chopped)
2 Tsp grape seed oil
16 scallops, patted dry
1 large shallot, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 oz. cream cheese
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 scallions, thinly sliced, for garnish
Coarse ground black pepper, to taste (optional)
- Cook cauliflower in boiling water until tender.
- Juice the pepper (core removed), sliced carrots, and seeded tomatoes using the HZ Juicer. Set aside the juice for later.
- Add grape seed oil to medium pan. Once hot, sear scallops in a clockwise manner (so you know when to take them off once they're cooked). Remove and set pan aside.
- Add cream cheese, paprika, parmesan, and minced garlic to the cooked cauliflower. Mix well.
- Add onions, salt and juice to the pan the scallops were cooked on low heat.
- Assemble dish with cauliflower grits first, then scallops. Drizzle with sauce, garnish with shallots, and enjoy.
Tips & Tricks
- Don't throw out your juice pulp! Add to meatballs, tomato sauce, veggie or turkey burgers for an extra jolt of flavor, moisture and nutrients. Try our recipe for Mediterranean Turkey Meatballs.
- Smoked paprika mimics the smoky flavor of bacon without the extra calories.
- A few tablespoons of cream cheese replaces the usual butter and sour cream in mashed potatoes. A little goes a long way.